Our goal is to help you improve your credit scores. The key is to follow our advice, take the right action, and stay engaged with the process.
Step 1: Dispute Accounts
We can dispute (on your behalf) “qualified” accounts with the credit reporting agencies to request that accounts impacting your scores be removed sooner than 7 years. If an account is inaccurate, obsolete, or cannot be verified with the creditor then it is possible for the reporting agencies to remove it sooner than 7 years. Just know that it’s up to the reporting agencies if an account remains or is removed.
Note: By law, no one can guarantee the removal of accounts from your credit reports.
Step 2: Review Results
Throughout each month we will monitor and review your credit reports and update your online portal accordingly. We encourage all clients to set a reminder to log in to your portal every 2 weeks to monitor the accounts being disputed, ask questions, and STAY ENGAGED.
Step 3: Repeat The Process
For those accounts remaining, we will change up our dispute strategy and address the accounts again. We will continue to address the accounts until you are satisfied or cancel the service.
YOU MAY CANCEL THE SERVICE ANYTIME through our website (creditexpertllc.com), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), message via the portal, text (605-316-5051), or by calling (605-271-8871).
Don’t forget… We are available to answer your credit questions, coach you and point you in the right direction to improve your credit scores.
You may use our service for as long as you may need or want to use us. That is up to you. We will continue to fight for you until you cancel service. Again, it’s important to set a reminder to log in to your portal every 2 weeks to monitor, ask questions and STAY ENGAGED.
Your online Portal is available so you can communicate with us and monitor the progress of the account challenge and verification progress.
After your account is set up, you will then receive an email with your username and a generic password to your portal. Once you log in you can then change your password to a unique password.
We will review your credit reports throughout the challenge and verification process and update your account accordingly.
Remember, the credit reporting agencies have 30-40 days to complete their investigations that were initiated by our challenges.
You can log in through our website at www.creditexpertllc.com/portal or by downloading our mobile app by searching Credit Expert LLC in your phone App Store.
Terms of Service
1. PRIMARY FUNCTION
It is the primary function of Credit Expert LLC to provide credit score education, and coaching and to help you challenge obsolete, inaccurate, and unverifiable information from your credit reports that are lowering your credit scores. IT IS NOT the primary function of Credit Expert LLC to raise your credit scores. Improving credit scores is the result of credit score coaching and you pay your bills on time. Just one new late payment can lower your credit scores by 60 to 100 points. An unpaid collection or charged-off account that is updating each month may continue to suppress your credit scores regardless of any removals or good information that is reported.
2. No Promises or Guarantees: By law, no one can promise or guarantee a credit score increase or the removal of any accounts from your credit reports. The credit reporting agencies decide whether an account or negative mark is removed or remains.
3. LIMITED POWER OF ATTORNEY (Required by law and gives us the ability to challenge accounts, on your behalf, with the credit reporting agencies)
BY ENROLLING INTO OUR PROGRAM, you understand that you are appointing Credit Expert LLC and its representatives to serve as your attorney-in-fact, to act for you in any lawful way concerning the subjects indicated below.
EFFECTIVE TIME: This Power of Attorney shall become effective immediately and shall continue to be effective until you cancel your service with Credit Expert LLC.
POWERS OF ATTORNEY-IN-FACT: Your attorney-in-fact shall have the power to act in your name, place, and stead in any way which you could do concerning the following matters to the extent permitted by law:
THE POWER TO: Act on your behalf in discussing your account information; obtaining and reviewing your credit reports; submitting disputes and account challenges to the credit reporting agencies.
4. TEXT NOTIFICATIONS
By enrolling in our program, you are consenting to receive TEXT notifications and messages.
5. MISSED PAYMENT
If a monthly SERVICE payment is declined or returned, please contact us to reschedule ASAP. If we do not hear from you, we will attempt to process the declined or returned payment weekly over the next 30 days.
6. 3 BUSINESS DAY CANCELLATION POLICY
According to the Credit Repair Organizations Act, you may cancel this enrollment without obligation any time before midnight of the 3rd business day from the date you sign-up. Once the cancellation period has expired, your account will be activated and our program will officially begin.
7. CANCELLING MONTHLY SERVICES
If you wish to cancel our service, call 605-271-8871, text 605-316-5051, email email@example.com, or send a message through the portal. Our service may be canceled at any time; however, it should be canceled at least 3 business days before your next billing date to avoid future charges.
8. SUSPENSION OF SERVICES
Credit Expert LLC reserves the right to suspend/cancel our service for the following reasons:
- The monthly service payment is declined, returned, or stopped.
- The client is not listening to our advice and/or following through with our requests
- The client has harassed or disrespected our staff.
10. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
Credit Expert LLC operates within the State of South Dakota. By enrolling in our program and agreeing to our Terms & Conditions, you understand that Credit Expert LLC is governed by the laws of South Dakota and operates under the Federal Credit Repair Organizations Act. If you do not live in the State of South Dakota and you wish to retain our service; please understand that by enrolling in our program you are agreeing to do business with Credit Expert LLC – a South Dakota business.
Your Credit Repair Rights
Under the Federal Credit Repair Organizations Act SEC. 405
1. You have a right to dispute inaccurate information in your credit report by contacting the credit bureau directly. However, neither you nor any ‘credit repair’ company or credit repair organization has the right to have accurate, current, and verifiable information removed from your credit report. The credit bureau must remove accurate, negative information from your report only if it is over 7 years old. Bankruptcy information can be reported for 10 years.
2. You have a right to obtain a copy of your credit report from a credit bureau. You may be charged a reasonable fee. There is no fee, however, if you have been turned down for credit, employment, insurance, or a rental dwelling because of information in your credit report within the preceding 60 days. The credit bureau must provide someone to help you interpret the information in your credit file. You are entitled to receive a free copy of your credit report if you are unemployed and intend to apply for employment in the next 60 days, if you are a recipient of public welfare assistance, or if you have reason to believe that there is inaccurate information in your credit report due to fraud.
3. You have a right to sue a credit repair organization that violates the Credit Repair Organization Act. This law prohibits deceptive practices by credit repair organizations.
4. You have the right to cancel your contract with any credit repair organization for any reason within 3 business days from the date you signed it.
5. Credit bureaus are required to follow reasonable procedures to ensure that the information they report is accurate. However, mistakes may occur.
6. You may, on your own, notify a credit bureau in writing that you dispute the accuracy of the information in your credit file. The credit bureau must then reinvestigate and modify or remove inaccurate or incomplete information. The credit bureau may not charge any fee for this service. Any pertinent information and copies of all documents you have concerning an error should be given to the credit bureau.
7. If the credit bureau’s reinvestigation does not resolve the dispute to your satisfaction, you may send a brief statement to the credit bureau, to be kept in your file, explaining why you think the record is inaccurate. The credit bureau must include a summary of your statement about disputed information with any report it issues about you.
8. The Federal Trade Commission regulates credit bureaus and credit repair organizations. For more information contact: The Public Reference Branch Federal Trade Commission Washington, D.C. 20580′.