5 Things You Should Know
1. Credit repair organizations are regulated nationally by the Credit Repair Organizations Act, which is overseen by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). As well, some credit repair organizations operate by the credit repair laws of the state in which the business is located.
2. By law, no credit repair organization can guarantee immediate results. For example, “We can raise your credit scores by 130 points in 30 days” or “We guarantee to remove negative accounts from your credit report”. Repairing credit is not easy. It’s a process and each credit situation is different. Plus, there are 5 key factors that need to be reviewed and considered.
3. By law, no credit repair organization can guarantee the removal of negative accounts from your credit report. This includes removing paid or unpaid collections, charged-off accounts and repossessions. By law, negative accounts can remain for 7 years (10 years for a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy). The good news is this: by law it is possible to remove qualified negative accounts sooner if they are deemed inaccurate or unverifiable.
4. By law, no credit repair organization can require you to pay upfront fees [before the service is performed]. If you are looking to hire a credit repair organization and it is requiring you to pay an upfront fee; do yourself a favor and WALK AWAY.
5. Before hiring a credit repair organization, DO. YOUR. RESEARCH. Make sure you avoid getting scammed. Check with the Better Business Bureau to review their accreditation and rating. A credit repair organization must be vetted and meet the criteria of the BBB in order to become accredited. Who would you rather do business with… a trusted and accredited A+ rated company, or a non-accredited business with a C, D or F rating?
ABOUT US: Since January 2008, we have helped thousands of consumers raise their credit scores. We are a reputable credit repair organization. We are accredited with the Better Business Bureau AND we have an A+ rating. We are honest, compassionate, understanding, non-judgmental and trustworthy. We take care of our clients and we know what we’re doing.
CLICK HERE to verify our accreditation and A+ rating.
CLICK HERE to read Hire a Reputable Credit Repair Organization
Request a FREE Consultation today and let us help you create a plan to achieve a 700+ credit score!
Results vary by client