5 Things You Should Know
1. Credit repair organizations are regulated nationally by the Credit Repair Organizations Act, which is overseen by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). As well, some credit repair organizations operate by the credit repair laws of the state in which the business is located.
2. By law, NO credit repair organization can guarantee immediate results. For example, “Raise your credit scores by 130 points in 30 days” or “We guarantee to remove negative accounts from your credit report”. Repairing credit is not easy. It’s a process, and each consumer’s credit situation is different. Plus, there are 5 key variables that need to be reviewed and considered.
3. By law, NO credit repair organization can guarantee the removal of negative accounts from your credit report. This includes removing unpaid collections, charged-off accounts and repossessions. By law, negative accounts can remain for 7 years (10 years for a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy). The good news is… by law, it is possible to remove negative accounts sooner if they are deemed inaccurate or unverifiable. This is where our credit repair process comes into play. Let us explain.
4. By law, NO credit repair organization can require you to pay for services before the service is performed. If you are considering hiring a credit repair organization that is requiring you to pay an upfront fee to enroll into their program; do yourself a favor and WALK AWAY.
5. Before hiring a credit repair organization, DO YOUR RESEARCH to make sure you avoid getting scammed. Check with the Better Business Bureau to review their rating and their accreditation. A credit repair organization must meet the criteria of the BBB in order to become accredited. Who would you rather do business… a trusted and accredited A+ rated company, or a non-accredited business with a C, D or F rating?
ABOUT US: For 13 years (since January 2008), we have helped thousands of consumers raise their credit scores. We are a reputable credit repair organization. We are accredited with the Better Business Bureau and we have an A+ rating. We are honest, compassionate, understanding, non-judgmental and trustworthy. We take care of our clients, will help you and we know what we’re doing.
CLICK HERE to verify our accreditation and A+ rating.
CLICK HERE to read Hire a Reputable Credit Repair Organization
Reach out to a Credit Coach today and let us help raise your scores to 700 and beyond!
Results vary by client